I am a huge coffee lover and coffee cake is my weakness, so I set out to find a coffee cake recipe that is low in sugar and gluten free. The hard part was making it taste perfect, but thanks to Titan Femme Coffee that wasn’t going to be an issue. The potential health benefits to come out of the Femme Coffee is just remarkable as it contains spirulina (Be aware that the cake may look slightly green due to the natural colouring found in the spirulina). That said, it is the holy grail of multivitamins as it contains almost every major amino acid, vitamin, and mineral, plus it has a 63% protein content.
- 250g Whole Wheat Flour
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 100ml Olive Oil
- 100ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Titan Femme Coffee Health Pro
- 1 Teaspoon Sweetener (Stevia)
- 1 Cup of powdered erythritol
- ½ Cup low fat butter
- 50ml of dissolved Coffee Health Pro
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Start by dissolving the coffee in 200ml of hot water and allow to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and grease two 10” round cake trays.
- Mix the dry ingredients (Flour, sweetener and ground almonds) in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, oil, and milk and mix together.
- Add 150ml of the coffee, once cooled, and mix until you get a gloopy consistency.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the 2 round trays and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
FOR THE FROSTING
- Add the butter and dissolved coffee to 1 cup of powdered erythritol and mix until thick in texture.
- Once the cakes are baked, remove from the trays and allow to cool for 1hr. Once cooled sandwich the two cakes together using the frosting, then add frosting on top of the cake to finish. Serve with friends and family.